Read Here full article "CNN's Nuke Plant Photos Identical for Both Iran and N. Korea!" on Brad's Blog and HERE
CNN reported on its website on:
1) Nukes in Iran, on Wednesday (9th Feb 2007)BOTH stories use the same aerial photograph of the same purported nuclear power plant!
2) Nukes in North Korea, on Saturday (12th Feb 2007
One is supposed to be in Iran and the other is supposed to be in North Korea!
For the North Korea story, it had a satellite photo described in the caption as "An aerial photo of North Korea's Yongbyon nuclear plant outside of Pyongyang". (see below)
Last Wednesday the CNN website ran a story on nuclear weapons in Iran with an image captioned "Satellite image of a suspected Iranian nuclear-related facility". Read here. with the following photo:
All of which begs at least these questions:
- Who is the source for these photos?
- Was it the same person in both instances?
- Were they supplied by someone who may have an interest in ginning-up fears over the two so-far unconquered players in Bush's "Axis of Evil"?
- Or will it be another CNN staffer who steps forward again to take the fall for this one?
- And finally, a question that has been asked all too frequently here over the past year: What the hell has happened to the media in this country?
- Are there simply no national media organizations left who know how to do the job of reporting accurately, responsibly and in such a way that doesn't send us to war again due to their utter failure to do their jobs correctly?!
(Yes, Judith Miller of The New York Times, we're talking to you...but you're not the only one).
Same Photo used by another "News " outlet called Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty ( RFE/RL). RFE/RL is a U.S. Government funded "news" organization broadcasting over Europe!
The RFE/RL story (March 2004) which shows the SAME nuclear facility as seen in the photos used with both of the CNN stories: